Archer Heights is a classic bungalows community, many of the single family homes have small yards and some also include garages, condominiums conversions in the area have seen during recent past years.
The Back-of-the-Yards neighborhood is one of the original communities of the American Industrial Revolution. This was the site of radical social change that moved the country forward with progress in labor relations and how society views laborers. Now the neighborhood is an intriguing place to explore, with a plethora of parks and a strong, diversified community that is expanding on its industrial base. Back of the Yard boundaries are Pershing road to the north, Amtrak rail tracks to the east, Garfield Boulevard (55th Street) to the south and Western Avenue to the west.
Located more than 1-1/2 miles north of the growing communities to its south, this area extended from Roosevelt Road to 16th Street and from Ridgeland to Harlem and was first known as South Oak Park. Berwyn's growth was such that soon some form of local government was soon necessary and, in 1902, it was incorporated as a village. Six years later, on June 6, 1908, Berwyn became a city, receiving its official charter from the State of Illinois. The 1910 census recorded Berwyn's population as 5,841.
Chicago Lawn is one of the 77 community areas of Chicago, IL. It is located on the southwest side of the city. It is bounded by Bell Avenue on the east, Central Park Avenue on the west, 59th Street on the north, and 75th Street on the south, and is 13 km (8.1 mi) southwest of the Loop. Local citizens refer to the area as "Marquette Park," after the park in its center.
West Lawn is home to the country's only Lithuanian museum, established because of the neighborhood's largely Lithuanian population. It is considered to be a "melting pot" of sorts, due to its constant change of races moving in and out of the area, as well as the diversity that exists there. West Lawn's boundaries are 9th Street to the north, Central Park Avenue to the east, railroad yards to the south and Cicero Avenue to the west.